Last time I did a series of bargain buy posts they were really popular so I’ve decided to start them again coming up to pay day because who doesn’t love a bargain?! However, before I start picking out my favourite items for the month I thought I would share the rules and guidelines I follow when bargain hunting online. I have my favourite online shops I go to when it comes to bargain buying and online shopping in general, I will be writing a post on this next. This is for one main reason and that’s sizing. There are a few online websites I go to time and time again and that’s because their items are true to size, I hate having to send items back (first world problems I know)! Following on from this I have created a list of rules I always try to adhere to when bargain buying. Hopefully these will help you to know exactly what to look for and help avoid overspending!
“I like my money right where I can see it: Hanging in my closet.”
- A bargain is great but you never want something that looks cheap/tacky.
- Don’t buy something just because it’s a bargain. Ask yourself questions such as will I wear it, does it suit my shape/style, will it go with whats in my wardrobe.
- Read the online reviews. Sometimes you’ll see an item on sale and think to yourself it’s stunning how is there so many sizes left? This could be due to bad quality/fit etc.
- Read what the info & care section says. This tells you what it’s made from and also whether it needs to be dry-cleaned, hand washed etc.
- If you’re unsure about sizes make use of the size guide, most website’s size guides include exact measurements.
- Always check if there are discount codes that you can add in at the checkout. Just do a simple search on google.
- Take note of what size the model is wearing and what size she/he is. This will give you a good idea of the size if you are not familiar with the site.
- Know the returns policy, especially on sale items!
- Take note of delivery charges, if there is a code for free delivery or is there a maximum spend for free delivery. Also note how long it will take and is there a tracking number.
- And finally remember a bargain is only a bargain when it’s value for money. This rule ties in with the above points but don’t spend money for the sake of it, it has to be worth it!
Hopefully these tips will help next time you’re bargain hunting. Stay tuned for my upcoming ‘Bargain Buys’ post!